When ordering or filling forms on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your or other details to help you with your experience.When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you place an order, fill out a form or enter information on our site.How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you make a purchase, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:•
To improve our website in order to better serve you.•
To quickly process your transactions.•
To follow up with them after correspondence (email or phone inquiries)How do we protect your information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.Do we use 'cookies'?
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, Some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly.Third-party disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.Third-party links
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.Google
Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/13...
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
Google Display Network Impression Reporting•
Demographics and Interests Reporting
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.Opting out:
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
Can change your personal information:•
By emailing usHow does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It's also important to note that we allow third-party behavioral trackingCOPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States' consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Do we let third-parties, including ad networks or plug-ins collect PII from children under 13?Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email•
Within 7 business days
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.Marketing messages
We'll send you marketing messages by email, text, to keep you aware of what we're up to and to help you see and find our products.How to stop marketing messages from unicornsout.com
You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time.
You can do this:
- By contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- By clicking on the 'unsubscribe' link in any email
Once you do this, we will update your profile to ensure that you don't receive further marketing messages.
Please note that, as unicornsout.com comprises a complex web of many inter-connecting services, it might take a few days for all our systems to be updated, so you might get messages from us while we process your request.
Stopping marketing messages will not stop service communications (such as order updates).Smartphone Application
We have recently developed a smartphone UnicornsOut application that allows our customers to try the tattoos before the purchase is made, using the smartphone camera. This UnicornsOut smartphone application is a standalone feature, that works solely on the customers’s smartphone. It is owned by UnicornsOut, but it does not exchange any user data, or any other data with our website.
The UnicornsOut smartphone application uses the TrueDepth API to superimpose the tattoo image upon the customer’s face image in real time and lighting. If the customer decides to actually purchase some of the tattoos in the application, only then we do receive the following customer personal data: shipping address, email address and the order contents.We need this data to ship the order to the customer.
The images of the customer’s face and/or body parts, with or without the superimposed temporary tattoo images, are not transferred anywhere from the device. They only exist inside the device’s internal memory for the short period of time that the application needs them to display the customer’s image with the superimposed tattoos on the device screen. When the «Try Freckles» screen of the application is closed, all the customer’s personal facial/body part data are immediately erased from the device memory.
As per Guideline 5.1.1 of the App Store Review Guidelines, we hereby inform you that:
- the only customer personal data that is received by us through the application is the customer’s
mailing address, email and the order contents, and this only in the case if the customer explicitly decides to purchase some tattoos and send us the order details by email, otherwise we do not receive any of the customer’s personal data;
- the images received by the smartphone camera are NOT transferred anywhere from the device, they only exist in the device memory temporarily in order to temporarily show the customer the customer’s face/body part image with the superimposed images of our tattoos in the «Try Freckles» tab, we do not receive, or in any way intend to receive, these temporary images;
- when the application’s «Try Freckles» tab is closed, all customer’s personal images are immediately erased from the device’s memory, and do not exist any more;
- the application is working separately from our website, and thus it does share any customer data with the third parties, such as analytics tools, advertising networks and third-party SDKs, as well as any parent, subsidiary or other related entities;
- if the customer has placed the order with us via the application, we shall only have the customer’s email, shipping address and order contents. We use this information to dispatch the order to the customer in an appropriate manner. We do not provide this information to any third party. We keep the above customer’s email, address and order contents in our shipping list to ensure we can resolve any issues arising from the shipping process, while the customer’s order is being delivered. This shipping list is only available to a very limited number of persons inside the company. Since we ship the physical products, for the extreme level of protection, the use of a forwarding service and name/email aliases could be recommended to the customer;
- in the case when the customer would like to ensure that the customer’s data is wiped entirely from our shipping list, we advise to contact us via the email@example.com
email and after the order is delivered, we shall wipe out the corresponding line from our shipping list immediately. Again, for the extreme level of protection, the use of a forwarding service and name/email aliases could be recommended to the customer;
- as the application uses the customer’s device camera to temporary collect the customer’s facial
or body part images, the customer’s consent to use the device’s camera is required for this purpose;
- when the application attempts to access the camera for the first time, the pop-up message «Please, allow us to use the camera so you can virtually try our freckles on your face» is shown to the customer;
- only in case the customer decides positive the device’s camera will be used by the application;
- if the customer later decides to revoke the consent to use the camera, he or she has to go to
the device’s Settings to view all apps that are installed on the device. Then, by tapping the UnicornsOut tab in this list, a menu can be accessed, where via the corresponding slider the Camera usage can be revoked;
- our application only has access to the minimum required customer’s personal data;
- the facial/body part images are used only temporary and not stored in the device’s long-term
- the shipping address and the customer’s email are only used to complete the relevant task of
shipping the order to the customer and ensure the customer’s satisfaction is satisfied with the
- although we limit the number of persons with the access to the customer’s email and shipping
data to a very small circle, the use of the forwarding service and aliases can be recommended
to the customer for the best privacy protection;
- we totally respect the customer’s permission settings and we do not not attempt to manipulate, trick, or force the customer to consent to unnecessary data access;
- please understand that we do not store or transfer the customer’s facial or body part images anywhere outside the customer’s smartphone. As soon as the application is closed, all such data is erased forever;
- we only ask for the customer’s email and shipping address to be able to ship the order;
- the UnicornsOut application has no ability to post photos to a social network, and it does not
access the device’s microphone;
- if the customer does not want to grant access to the camera, the «Don’t allow» option can be
selected, when the corresponding pop-up message appears;
- the application allows the customer to see the customer’s face/body part with the tattoos
superimposed onto it, but the customer is not obliged to purchase anything and/or go through
the payment/shipping process via the application;
- the customer’s location is not tracked by the application, if the customer does decide to place
the order via the application, the address is typed manually into the corresponding form by the customer himself/herself;
- the application is supposed to be used without any login or account;
- the application does not require the customer to enter personal information to function (to see
the superimposed tattoo images and scroll through the store items), only in case the customer decides to make a purchase, the shipping data and the email are explicitly requested from the customer;
- the app functionality does not include sharing data to the social network and/or inviting friends to use the app;
- the application does not receive or store the customer’s PayPal password during the payment
- during the payment process, the application only opens a PayPal Web View, which is
essentially a direct PayPal interface, which is a standalone feature handled solely by the
- the PayPal only receives the payment amount data from the application, and that only happens
when the customer explicitly decides to proceed with the PayPal payment;
- if the customer does not explicitly enter her/his PayPal credentials in the corresponding form,
no customer data will be provided to the PayPal; (vii)
- the app does not use the SafariViewController to track customers without their knowledge and consent;
- the application does not compile personal information from any source that is not directly from
the customer or without the customer’s explicit consent;
- the application does not provide any services in the highly regulated fields (cannabis sales, air
ticket sales, gambling etc.);
- the application indeed requests the basic contact (shipping) information from the customer,
because we need the shipping address and email to ship the purchased items and contact the
customer in regards to the possible unforeseen shipping situations;
- this contact information request is entirely optional for the customer, when not providing the
said contact information, the customer can see the superimposed tattoo images and UnicornsOut store items, and he or she is not required to provide any personal information for that purpose;
- the «Try Freckles» feature is not conditional on providing the customer’s personal information.
As per Section 3.3.10 of the Apple Developer Program License Agreement, we hereby inform you that:
- the clear and complete information regarding our collection (or absence of such) of the customer’s personal data is provided in the application’s App Description on the App Store;
- we take appropriate steps to protect even the limited amount of customer’s data that we do
have access to, from any unauthorized access;
- only a small, selected amount of people have access to the customer’s shipping and email data
within the company;
- if a customer ceases to consent or affirmatively revokes the consent for our use of his/her email
and shipping address, we shall immediately cease all such use;
- please understand that we only use the customer’s email and shipping address to ensure the
prompt fulfillment of the order;
- to ensure the best customer discretion, the use of the aliases and forwarding services is highly